snow warden poster
Snow Wardens are volunteers from the local community who give up their spare time to help clear snow during bad weather in the winter months (October to March).
Snow Wardens will:
- Clear snow from footpaths
- Spread salt to prevent ice from forming
Becoming a Snow Warden
Snow Wardens must be physically fit and available throughout the winter months.
Equipment you will need
- High visibility clothing
- Suitable gloves
- Good non-slip footwear such as waterproof boots/wellingtons
- Warm clothing
Once you have registered to become a Snow Warden Volunteer, you can collect a free salt bucket and scoop from our Whitfield office:
- Council Offices, White Cliffs Business Park, Dover CT16 3PJ.
Salt bucket refills can also be collected from the following locations, as well as some Town and Parish Councils.
- Hamilton Road cemetery, Deal
- Connaught Park, Dover
- Kearsney Park, Dover
If you would like to volunteer as a Snow Warden, please visit: Register (www.dover.gov.uk/Community/Snow-Wardens.aspx
or for more information contact via: email@example.com